My time at AMP spanned my freshman to senior years (both senior years, in fact), and during my time there, I rose through the ranks, starting as a designer and ending as the editor-in-chief for the 2018-2019 school year. Below are five of my strongest written pieces. Some of my design work can be found here.
- AMP Watches: Cyber Seduction – ‘A Lust for Bust!’In the pursuit of Cyber Seduction: His Secret Life, a Lifetime original from 2005, we dove deep into the troves of the internet. After thirty tabs, two windows, one fake Virginia address, and a torrent that downloaded zero bytes in a whole hour, we finally found the holy grail of made-for-TV activist cinema uploaded in parts on Dailymotion and YouTube.
- The 6 Blind Valentine’s Dates You’ll Go on at UTDNow, Comets might not be known for being outgoing, romantic, or even happy, but this Valentine’s Day, it’s a virtual guarantee that some thoughtful saps will have set their friends up on blind dates.
- End of TransmissionWhile it probably won’t give way to the next great influencer, the EAS community on YouTube is probably the most millennial shift that the disaster genre could’ve taken, and its connections to the apocalypse and the new obsession with man-made armageddon can tell us a lot about the state of our generation.
- Pressing Reset: The Rise, Fall, and Renaissance of Computer ResetIn a nutshell, this is how I stumbled upon the story of a bonafide treasure trove of knowledge about a subject I only superficially understand, and the story of me trying to get the word out to people more able than me to appreciate it. This, I hope, is the future of Computer Reset.
- Out of Time(Line)How did we even end up here? Why are Twitter and Facebook the new platforms of hate speech? How did bigots manage to use their social media powers for evil, and what the hell do we do now?